Tuesday 14 January 2014

crazyfruityhigh: Broken Sheriff (In Heaven, Everything will be...

http://daynamann43.tumblr.com/post/73205512702
crazyfruityhigh:

Broken Sheriff (In Heaven, Everything will be...


crazyfruityhigh:



Broken Sheriff (In Heaven, Everything will be Alright)   Schwartz 2013


This drawing describes my brain during adolescence. I thought men having sex with men was always rape and I didn’t understand that it was just as affectionate, kind and passionate as the sex i was having with girls. I associated gay sex with a either a painful death from AIDS or suicide. At the same time, I jerked off to thoughts of older men constantly. This led to a weird and troubled mind. I soon discovered weed, angel dust, LSD, heroin, etc. and used them to block out my thoughts. All they did was twist everything around to make it blurry and distorted. Fifteen years later, I got sober and began to deal with all my thoughts and actions throughout that haze. These drawings come from those dark places. I hope one day I’ll run out of violent and melancholic imagery and draw unicorns hugging rainbows in Candyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment